i am thankful... for a grandmother who I may not have always agreed with but who I always loved. We buried her a few years ago this week and I miss her sometimes.
i am thinking... time is gone before we know it. It's not really worth being caught up in the small things that won't matter, but it is worth paying attention to small details that make a difference.
i am hoping... that I won't shed too many tears as we come into the senior year our little buddy (who isn't so little any more, but will always be my buddy).
i am reading... Brad Thor's newest novel, Foreign Influence. My little buddy got me hooked on his books -- political and military thrillers. The plots are so current you expect to turn on the evening news and see it acted out on the screen.
in the kitchen... Pappardelle's Spring Medley Trio pasta that someone brought me from Windmill Market. To. Die. For.
outside my window... two thriving clump river birch trees we planted in the spring. I copied my neighbors up the street. They're flattered, I'm sure.
worth sharing...
(sometimes, small things have a big impact)
2 comments:
Little Buddy has grown up- (Cody Morody to his Grammy and Ms.Grant!)
And I miss memom too! She would be proud of how she has influenced her granddaughters (and great granddaughters!)
Dang it! Way to make someone sad.... We miss Memom too. I think about her all of the time(especially when I kill plants or watch court tv) AND Cody...WOW... I can't believe he has grown up so fast! Seems like just yesterday he was standing on the bed singing out the window!
Post a Comment