Tuesday, August 9, 2011

big man on campus

His Royal Highness headed off to college Tuesday. It wasn't easy for his mom, you know, but at least I got the tears out before the big day. I didn't check in with him at the housing office, I didn't stand in line at the band registration table with him, and I didn't tell him which cubby to put his underwear in, either. I just threw him to the wolves, I think. And he figured things out quite nicely.

I did make his bed, though, because what guy really knows that the proper order for bedding is a zippered, antimicrobial, anti-bed bug mattress protector first, followed by the quilted mattress pad, a five-zone egg crate pad, then the moisture-wicking down-filled mattress topper, a fitted sheet, a contrasting print flat sheet and then the comforter. I don't think I've ever slept on such luxury in all my years.


He's so busy with band that I'm sure time is flying for him. While he's learning the ropes and trying to become the big man on campus, I prefer to think he's away at summer camp...a really long summer camp.

1 comment:

Madalyn said...

awwwww!!! I miss my broder.