Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Moving Boldly Forward

Y'all, this is straight out of my journal -- just keeping it REALLY real here -- and I share it with you in hopes that you will rejoice as I did that no matter what choices you've made, or what troubles you've encountered, God can use you for His purposes...

Recently, during my morning quiet time, I read the following (from the book Blessed and Highly Favored):

"He gently nudges us into the right spot by allowing failure and the passage of time to bring us to our knees at the place where He waits, ready and willing to meet us and guide us back onto the right track."

Seriously, I cried at reading this. I really cried and, at the same time, realized what I'd known all along but had failed to acknowledge: I got in the way of God's desire to use me in His kingdom work. I let the love of self, the love of pleasure, the love of many things, take my focus off what was really important.

But just as suddenly as I acknowledged these things I realized that He could still use me. And though my prayer to Him was still full of self-doubt (What is there about me that would draw others to You? How am I gifted in a way that You can use me? What is there about me that can push through my own insecurities and join the work You have begun right here, right now?), I understood that God doesn't create junk. He has planned for each of us to contribute to Kingdom building; we are the ones who make choices that are contrary to His plan for our lives.

And so my prayer became: Father, use that which I don't even yet know exists inside me to accomplish Your plans. Show me the plans You have for me and plant desire in my heart to move boldly forward!


1 comment:

meep said...

wow. just wow.