Someone asked me today if I was drinking the Koolaid already...not a chance! Contrary to what my post on Inauguration Day 2009 might have sounded like, I am not an Obama supporter. As Dennis Miller said, "He's not my guy." But I do think you can respect a person in his position without agreeing with him.
The question of the day seems to be, "Do you want Obama to succeed?"
On the one hand I'd like Obama to succeed. Dennis Miller made another great point when responding to the tasteless, racist rap by Jay Z and Young Jeezy at an inauguration activity (you'll have to search online for the video if you want to know what they said...I've already given them more attention than it deserves.):
"If they couldn’t ratchet down the hate for a day, that’s their prob, not mine. And by the way, you’re looking at an obsolete model there. If dinosaurs were done in by the asteroids, role models like that in the black community are about to be done in by a shooting star named Barack Obama."
I'd agree that would be a success. And I think he has not only the opportunity to achieve this, but also the ability.
But if the measure of his success is a passed liberal agenda based on socialist ideas and one that encourages the entitlement mentality so many seem to have, with all due respect, I want him to fail. Hard and fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment