Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's What's for Dinner

I seriously dread the daily question, "What's for dinner?" Not because I don't know what's for dinner (most of the time anyway), but because I wonder what it really matters. Like, do you sit around and try to determine if you're okay with the menu? Are you really anticipating how each bite will taste? Or is it your little way of asking how much longer until I get in the kitchen and start cooking dinner?

Tonight, for those of you that care, we are having chicken fried rice. There. I said it before they asked. And when they do ask I'll say I already posted it for the world to see and if you read my blog as often as you claim to, you'd know. So keep up, my family.

Someone will pick out the peas and someone else will pick out the carrots, but the other two of us will savor every bite, me even more so than usual because I beat them to the punch.

No comments: