Just in case you were wondering, there is nothing like getting up at 2:00 AM and being on the road within 30 minutes to head for the first shopping destination of the day. Well, actually we rode through the mall parking lot to see if we stood a chance for the goodies there (we did) and then we headed for our first destination - Target. What a way to start the day. After he dropped me off to stand in line until they opened at 5:00 AM, Kevin went back to Belk's to get the gift cards they handed out. I am so proud of him 'cause he got two. He's so sly! Then he drove around to Penney's to get the free ornament (all about that free stuff) and coupon. Then he drove to back to Target to stand in line with me -- he couldn't actually stand with me because the police officer on duty wasn't letting folks cut in line, so he had to stand at the back of the line. But at least we got two of those lovely reusable shopping bags they handed out. This was my must get item of the day. All else was just fluff.
So what was I doing, you ask, while my husband was trekking all through the city for me? Standing in line at Target talking to the nicest guy. We chatted about football (he's a USC fan), the military (he's in the Air Force), kids, Charleston, Christmas decorations, Alabama fans, Somalia, the give and take in a marriage, the media, what our troops overseas really think about being there, his tours in Iraq, how cold it is at 2:00 AM in Ohio, family traditions, the man crush going on between Tebow and Urban Meyer and many other off the wall things. So, to my line buddy I say: thanks for helping the two hours pass rather quickly, name your new baby after me (his wife is pregnant), I hope you got the Magna Doodle you were in line for, and I really apologize for thinking you were a thug at first.
What did I really need from Target? Nothing but the free shopping bag. Seriously -- that was all I was there for. But I was so overcome with adrenaline when they opened the door that I just followed the crowds to the electronics. Everyone was grabbing televisions and XBoxes. I just had to get in on the action and so I asked the guy to hand me some things from behind the counter. Then I just went through the store and handed them to people who were farther on back in the line trying to get them. Wasn't that precious?
The rest of our morning was spent at Pier 1, World Market (got some free ornaments) and Old Navy (what a war zone!).
I had to take my shopping partner home at 8:30 so he could go to the big game. But that didn't stop me.
No comments:
Post a Comment