Yes!! Finally, I have permission to be nosy, although that's not exactly what I've called it all these years.
We've had a few break-ins in the neighborhood over the past six months or so, and tonight at the homeowner's association meeting security was the hot topic. Although you should be able to throw away whatever you want without fear of becoming a victim of burglary, I'll never understand why people buy new computers or 57 inch televisions and leave the box by the trash can on garbage day...duh!
So, anyway, the police department's second in command lives around the corner from us and at the meeting tonight he said by all means, in the name of safety and security and neighborhood defense, pull those curtains back and peek at who just pulled up in the neighbor's driveway...and follow that car that looks a bit suspicious...and continue to call the cops on those folks who just don't understand that 'park closes at sundown' means leave when it gets dark outside.
Honestly, I just don't understand why everyone on the block doesn't know that the family in brick two story has their lawn sprayed on the third Thursday of each month and that the retired couple four doors down walks the brown dog in the morning and the black dog in the afternoon. Not nosy at all...
2 comments:
I feel the same way...Everyone in our neighborhood should know that the guy next to me plays the drums all night, the couple across the street always get up around 6:30 and go into the baby's room first while opening all the blinds. And that the girl across the probably has ADD because she is constantly walking around the house at night looking for things to do(blinds open). We are not nosy at all.....just good neighbors! **Dusty***
Thank you -- I knew you'd see it my way!
Post a Comment