Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

My mom is famous for saying, "There ain't a thing in the world you can do about it." So it got me thinking on this Mother's Day of some other things that mothers are always saying. Remember these?

Your face is going to stick like that.
If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it, too?
Close that door; you weren't born in a barn.
Money doesn't grow on trees (or for the current generation, "I am not an ATM!)!
Don't make me come in there!
Life isn't fair.
If you are too full for dinner, you are too full for dessert.
Go ask your father.
Because I said so!
You're bored? Do I need to find you something to do?
Always wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident.
I don't care who started it, I told you to stop.

Ahhh, the wisdom of mothers.

No comments: