Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Proud Mama

Normally I would have posted about the frozen green beverage I've been known to consume on this date as I commemorate the victory of our neighbors to the south over the French (yahoo to anyone who puts the French in their place!). But today I gotta give props to Cody for some scholastic achievements instead.

Today was Awards Day at ACA and I must say, I was impressed with the way they recognized students and their achievements. Cody was recognized as one of the top three students in the history department. Then tonight at the band banquet he was recognized as Most Improved Band Student for his grade. (I assured him that it was a positive award in recognition of his dedication to be the best he can be and not for going from worst to first...) All kidding aside, he is a great trombone player!

We are proud of you, son!

No comments: