
The weather was too beautiful to be indoors today. I spent a considerable amount of time in the yard, and I wasn't alone. We often have several cardinals that frequent our bird feeders. They were joined by some sparrows today, who were especially enthusiastic about the clean water I put in the basin. There was just a bit of nut an
d berry blend bird food in the feeders, so I dumped that out along the shrubbery line for the squirrels -- boy were they glad -- before putting fresh food back in. Butterflies were chasing one another all over the place, too.
But my favorite backyard visitors today were the three hummingbirds that went whizzing by every few minutes. Those little things would fly right up to my face and just hover for a few seconds before flying away to perch on a limb somewhere. I usually keep fresh sugar water in the hummingbird feeder, but lately they haven't been drinking it all before it went rancid in the heat, and I'd let a couple of weeks go by with nothing for them. Well, when I refreshed it this morning, they came from all directions and stayed most of the day. What a treat!
No comments:
Post a Comment