Monday, September 28, 2009

Polka Dot Dress

I bought this black and white polka dot wrap dress a few years ago for a cruise. Can't say what made me buy a polka dot dress other than it must have been on sale and appropriate for dinner in the ship's formal dining room. It's some blend of fabric that is slightly stretchy and gives in all the places I need it to. Until recently, it hung in the back of my closet.

On a morning when I had nothing clean to throw on so I could take the kids to school, I grabbed the dress, slipped it one, tied it and decided right then this would be the new carpool dress. Some days I wear black strappy shoes and others I wear silver beaded & sequined flip flops.

I'm sure those that see me regularly (like the school crossing guard) wonder if I own any other clothes. But I don't care. I'm happy in my swingy, polka dot thingy.

1 comment:

Nat Beth said...

I want to see a picture...