By the time you read this I will be at store number three or four most likely. I'm lucky my husband goes with me. He is my place in line holder, my elbow the way through the crowds to get to the right rack/shelf guy, my run down to the first open fast food place you can find and bring back a cuppa joe man. What would I do without him? And since he's with me we get double the goodies they hand out!
I can't say exactly what I'm shopping for and spoil all the Christmas surprises, but it really doesn't even matter. If I had nothing to shop for I would still go shopping on this day. I'd find stuff to buy. And if I couldn't come up with anything to buy I'd still go stand in line early in the morning just for the heck of it.
To make this possible, I need little rest and lots of coffee (it used to be Coke but since I gave up carbonated beverages 8 months ago -- what was I thinking -- I had to switch). I like most any coffee. Last year, on a business trip to Baltimore, I got to stay on the club level and those rooms had Starbucks coffee. The Sumatra blend was very strong, but it was just what I needed to get through the week on little sleep. Most of the time my coffee is much less bold. My favorites are Christopher Bean's Jamaica Me Crazy and New England Coffee's Blueberry Cobbler.Oh my, enough about coffee. There is shopping to do.
1 comment:
Thank you, Kevin for following my daughter around and being such a good husband - keep up the good work! Otherwise, it may be one of us out at 2 am finding coffee, going through every door at Belks for gift cards, or looking for the shortest lines to stand in while SHE brings the items to us to hold and purchase! We love you (and her too!) your favorite mother in law
Post a Comment