I have become acquainted with this thing called The Simple Woman's Daybook -- a diary of sorts that encourages you to slow down, enjoy the moment and record your thoughts. The lady that started it all used to do it as a sidebar on her blog, and then moved it to a regular Monday post, giving readers a glimpse into what other women were doing/facing/enjoying. (We women enjoy knowing that there are others out there in the same boat, huh?)
So, because it will make me slow down and 'smell the roses', I will participate and let you look inside my diary on Mondays. The only thing is that I won't be linking my blog posts to the 'master' page on her site (who else outside my circle cares what I'm reading right now -- really?). Maybe later.
Shout out to me about your day, too. Let's enjoy life together.
daybook {five}{ten}{two thousand ten}
i am thankful for... the cup of coffee my youngest brought me this morning -- bedside service at its best!
i am thinking... about how soon my firstborn will begin a new chapter in his life.
i am creating... a Christmas stocking for my daughter.
i am going... to a school banquet tonight.
i am reading... Redefining the Strong Willed Woman by Cynthia Tobias.
i am hoping... there is enough chocolate syrup left in the bottle for a sundae.
around the house... why is it so hard to commit to a shade of brown paint?
from the kitchen... the cupboards are bare -- the kids protesteth much.
outside my window... a deep hole in my pot of rosemary -- the neighbor's cat thought it to be catnip.
worth sharing...
So, because it will make me slow down and 'smell the roses', I will participate and let you look inside my diary on Mondays. The only thing is that I won't be linking my blog posts to the 'master' page on her site (who else outside my circle cares what I'm reading right now -- really?). Maybe later.
Shout out to me about your day, too. Let's enjoy life together.
daybook {five}{ten}{two thousand ten}
i am thankful for... the cup of coffee my youngest brought me this morning -- bedside service at its best!
i am thinking... about how soon my firstborn will begin a new chapter in his life.
i am creating... a Christmas stocking for my daughter.
i am going... to a school banquet tonight.
i am reading... Redefining the Strong Willed Woman by Cynthia Tobias.
i am hoping... there is enough chocolate syrup left in the bottle for a sundae.
around the house... why is it so hard to commit to a shade of brown paint?
from the kitchen... the cupboards are bare -- the kids protesteth much.
outside my window... a deep hole in my pot of rosemary -- the neighbor's cat thought it to be catnip.
worth sharing...
1 comment:
Daybook 05-12-2010 (9:36pm)
I am thankful for...a daughter that can drive and go get milk at 6:30 in the morning.
I am thinking/wondering....when my sister will finish the Christmas stocking for her daughter so that she can make the Christmas stocking for my son.
I am going...to bed. Soon.
I am reading...Age of Opportunity by Tedd Tripp (about teenagers)
I am hearing...the sound of a Wii basketball game.
Around the house...how does the laundry pile up so fast??
From the kitchen...grits really do taste good from the crockpot.
Outside my window...I don't know, it's dark.
Post a Comment