Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How Does Your Garden Know?

Sage or basil? Cilantro or parsely? However does your garden know what to grow? It's only dirt, you know. Maybe some manure if you can stand the smell and don't mind it under your nails and all. Compost? Only if you're super committed to saving the planet and world peace.

But really...make it easy on the garden plot (and yourelf if you tend to confuse the sage leaves and basil leaves) and hook it up with these vintage garden markers:

Alison over at Monkeys Always Look was walking her dog on the beach and came across an old spoon, tarnished by who knows how long in the sand and elements. She wondered, "Self -- what can I make with this tarnished, long forgotten spoon?"

"A garden marker, I say," answered Self. And that is how they came to be. Now your garden doesn't have to wonder what to grow. It can set about the task at hand and grow, grow, grow right on through the summer.

Aren't they just bee-u-tee-ful? You can custom order for whatever herbs you are growing on your porch. I wouldn't ask for 'wacky weed' or anything, but that's just me.

3 comments:

tellad said...

Yes, and they look really good in my pots of herbs!!!! Love them! Mom

Melinda said...

wacky weed??? bawaahahahaa!

melinda said...

These are cute. Of course, with my boys I would only have to order salt, pepper, ketchup and honey mustard!