My long-awaited, much anticipated Kindle arrived a few weeks ago and I am hear to testify today -- it is a really cool device. And I'm not one to buy really cool devices often. For instance, my cell phone makes calls and sends messages only...it has a basic numeric keypad and flips open. I still have a telephone that is not portable. On and on I could go but it embarrasses my techno-generation children.
Back to the testifying -- which reminds me that I haven't been called for jury duty but once. And then the only case I sat on was for a dude with crack in his crack. I was struck from the jury pool on the capital murder case because I told the defense attorney during my interview that not only did I believe in the death penalty but I could actually pull the switch on the chair. I don't think he felt I could help his client in any way.
Really, back to the Kindle testifying -- I contemplated this purchase for months and months and perhaps for longer than a year. The price dropped enough for me and I finally ordered one, mostly because I love to read, but also because I really don't have space to keep books lying around the house after I've read them and shared them and they make their way back to me.
I must confess as I testify. I have already bought three books because I can do so at the touch of a button. Literally. One-click ordering on Amazon is like crack - highly addictive. The built-in free 3G only makes matters worse. I can order anywhere, anytime and have my book in under 60 seconds. I must pace myself or submit to some sort of intervention before I spend all the money in my personal entertainment envelope. Help!
No comments:
Post a Comment