Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Miss Priss Goes to the Bluegrass Festival

Miss Priss went -- willingly -- to the annual Titus Bluegrass Festival recently. I don't think I could imagine a more pull my arm hairs out one at a time kind of day if I tried. But apparently the bluegrass gene was so strong that my genes couldn't stage a mutiny and throw it out of the pool and Miss Priss actually enjoys bluegrass.

(Badda bing bing bing bing bing bing bing. Awful.)

The festival is a real community event complete with...

hundreds of locals (with nothing better to do)...

vendors with really cute dresses (that she is too old to wear)...

local politicians (hard at work on the campaign trail)...

boiled peanuts ('cuz what bonafide event in the South doesn't have 'em)...

oh yeah, and bluegrass music (yikes!)

She can't wait for next year's festival. She can have my ticket.

No comments: