Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Big Brother Is Watching

Listen, I'm no conspiracy theorist (although I'll go to my grave thinking Hilary Clinton had something to do with JFK Jr's death), but what's up with this incessant need to know everything about me? Target scans the barcode on the back of my driver's license when I write a check, collecting all my info, not just license number and date of birth. The new US passports have a computer chip embedded in the cover for 'quicker processing' they claim, but in reality it gives a full account of where to and when you travel. Now President Obama wants centralized, computerized health records. What's next, toilet seats with infrared technologies to recognize whose crap is left in the bowl so they can track you down if you require more than one flush, thereby raising the water usage level for the day and contributing to global warming? Geez, get a life, big bro.

No comments: