Thursday, June 11, 2009

Have Appetite, Will Travel

Our summer vacation is just around the corner (it's a trip according to my children, because on a vacation you get to just chill out and do nothing, but on a trip you go from can to can't). I've made most all the arrangements (yes, there is a printed itinerary) so I was quite surprised when Kevin said he had a few stops to add.

"Awww, in his newly discovered love of the internet he's found an educational stop I somehow managed to overlook and wants to be sure the kids don't miss it," I thought to myself. "How sweet."

The Food Network magazine, with a mouthwatering burger on the front, he was holding should have been a dead giveaway. The current issue highlights the best burger in each state and I kid you not, he'd calculated our route and checked to see if we'd be near any of the restaurants on our way to DC. He hopes to eat the Down Low Cheeseburger at Holeman & Finch Public House (Atlanta, GA); the Redneck Cheeseburger at Nu-Way Lounge and Restaurant (Spartanburg, SC); the Raleigh Times Burger at the Raleigh Times Bar (Raleigh, NC); Ray's Hellburger's Cheeseburger (Arlington, VA); and the Heart Attack on a Plate at Mother's Federal Hill Grille (Baltimore, MD).

All that beef made my itinerary flow onto page 5...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go Kevin - and if she doesn't let you stop, send her to me - after all, I'm still her mom!!!!
Enjoy the "trip" - and the educational stops!
Grammy