Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Giveaway Tuesday: With Love (& Chocolate) from Vermont

You guys are so lucky that I watch a lot of Food Network programming. My hips, maybe not so much. But in the end, who cares what my hips think anyway? I'll just concentrate on lovin' the heck out of you guys, my faithful followers, and share the latest Food Network nugget of gold I came across recently.

Once upon a time these two gals were thinking about their new year's resolutions. Over pizza, they dreamt of having their own business. Neither was particular about what kind -- they just wanted to take a chance on something that could be fun and successful while helping the community. In their own words, "it was hard to come up with something more fun than brownies." Who am I to argue with that logic?

And so, the Vermont Brownie Company was born -- in a bagel shop. A friend owned the shop that closed early in the afternoon (I guess no one eats bagels in the afternoon in Vermont) and let the gals use the kitchen at night. They use local ingredients and have been so successful that Bobby Flay challenged them to a throwdown and they won.

So, because I have never met a brownie that I didn't like, and because the much anticipated family vacation is only four weeks away, and because I am all about following your dreams and helping the community, but mostly because the sheep on their logo is so darn cute, I am sending one lucky person a sampler box of brownies.

To enter, just leave a comment and tell your favorite type of chocolate. Do you like it dark? Or milky? Or even white? You can enter through midnight Thursday and the winner will be announced Friday.

Ready, set, go!

13 comments:

tellad said...

OK number one usually isn't selected, but I'm trying anyway!!
My favorite chocolate is semi sweet - I like that it isn't too sweet nor too bitter - and I love to cook with it! Of course any chocolate is ok in my book! Teri

Shawna said...

I never was a chocoholic till I had my first 3 musketeers bar at age 20. Since then a light milk chocolate seems to tingle my palate more than the heavier chocolates. Course I never pass up a tootsie roll either.

Natalie Beth said...

Dark chocolate...is there any other kind??

Amanda said...

I love WHITE chocolate!! Only the best!

Sharon Owens said...

My favorite is GHIRARDELLI dark chocolate ( red bag ). Did not know this even existed until a girl that works in the building I work in introduced it to me.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love dark chocolate but given the opportunity I will eat any kind of chocolate give to me! LOL
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

melinda said...

Never met a chocolate that I didn't like! I love Dove and Lindt milk chocolate truffles or white chocolate reese's cups. But my old trusty combination is a cold coke and a milky way!!!!

Chris Tyler said...

My favorite type of chocolate is the kind that is Free! Ha Ha - I Love Brownies - especially the ones with toothpicks in them LOL!!

Sarah Anne said...

I love them all, but... dark is the best! And dark chocolate peanut m&ms are God's gift to us all! :)

The Garlands said...

I'm a chocoholic so its all good to me:)

Tibi Westbrook said...

I love ghirardelli chocolates because when I eat one my whole self melts into one lump of chocolate and they remind me of my trip to San Francisco where I visited all of the ghirardellis!

Margaret McGuire said...

I love a good ole reese's cup. I like all types of chocolate; but I must be in a mood to eat chocolate.

arlette said...

I love white chocolate, but I don't complain about other either, I'd love to take a bit to the brownies because I lived in Vermont for a while, I miss every minute of it :(