Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Clean Energy and Healthcare

Look who all is getting along these days:

AL District 1 - Jo Bonner (R)
AL District 2 - Bobby Bright (D)
AL District 3 - Mike Rogers (R)
AL District 4 - Robert Aderholt (R)
AL District 5 - Parker Griffith (D)
AL District 6 - Spencer Bachus (R)
AL District 7 - Artur Davis (D)

Every one of these U. S. Representatives voted NO on H.R. 2454: American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009, quite possibly the largest tax increase in American History. Send them a quick thank you.

While you're at it, remind them to vote NO on universal healthcare, also. Because I don't know about you, but I don't really see people who can, as President Obama put it, keep their existing healthcare coverage when universal coverage becomes available, continuing to pay for medical insurance out of their own pocket. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

Look, I'm not interested in seeing people suffer because they can't get treatment beacuse they don't have insurance. And I don't want to see people go without their medicine because it costs too much. But neither do I want to foot the bill for those who fail to make provisions for themselves.

I believe there is much room for charity in this world. We all could do better by our family members and neighbors. But as I've said before, if I give it to you, it's charity, or benevolent goodwill. If someone takes it from me to give to you, it's theft. And the last time I checked, thievery was against the law.

No comments: