I love cookbooks. I have a nice collection of them. I love recipes in general, I think. I am constantly scouring foodie magazines for new dishes. But a love of recipes and pretty pictures of completed dishes doesn’t mean I love to cook all the time, though. I try really hard to cook at home at least four nights a week, but sometimes even that is difficult with our crazy schedules. Usually I’ll cook enough so the natives don’t get restless, but every once in a while I’ll get an urge to put together something special. If I had a cooking show I think the perfect name would be Cooking on a Whim.
Whim: an eccentric and often sudden idea of the mind. Definitely an apt description of my latest endeavor. I proudly announced to the family tonight over dinner that I would be trying one new dish per week from the cookbooks that line our kitchen counter and then blogging about it. Oh, the family favorites wouldn’t be forgotten, mind you. We’d just be introducing a new palette of flavors to our taste buds. And we’d be sharing with you a recipe review of sorts.
Because I’m an avid student of journalism, I appreciate very much the protection afforded authors and publishers against unauthorized use of their material. But since one of the beauties of food is sharing it with others, I intend to give the title of the recipe, the name of the recipe book it comes from and a description of the dish, along with our two cents opinion. If you’re interested, I’m happy to share the recipe with you (but not in the public blog, unless I can find an online link to it) under the ‘limited personal use’ umbrella found in the copyright notice of each book.
Bon appétit!
No comments:
Post a Comment