Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nothing Like Free Beer

I haven't won any huge sweepstakes yet, but I did score a free beer the other night at dinner. The folks at the next table had been sippin' a few and on one of the refills the bartender opened the wrong kind. So, our server (who is our favorite and who we request every time we eat at this restaurant) asked Kevin if he drank beer.

"Not much," he said.

"Is it free beer?" I asked.

"Yes," came the reply.

"Hand it over," I said, reaching for a bottle of beer whose label was totally new to me.

But after drinking the smooth ale, I hope the bartender messes up again next time we're in there. The Atlanta Brewing Company's Brown Ale was a bit more full-bodied than I normally like, but after a few sips, the coffee flavor came through and I enjoyed the rest of the free bottle.

No comments: