This ain't becoming no stinkin' food blog, but I must share another trend in my kitchen.
I am trying to recreate the flavorful broth that is the base for the (free bowl of) soup most Thai restaurants serve -- you know, the clear stuff with hunks of chicken and a few small pieces of carrot and green onions. However, I cannot determine the base.
So, when I ran across a photograph on another blog of a bowl of vegetable stock I thought I'd hit pay dirt. I haven't tried it yet, but I will very soon. Like maybe tonight because thinking about it is making me hungry...
I researched recipes for stock -- beef, chicken, fish, vegetable -- and found out that those meat stocks can take up to six hours on the stovetop to come together. Who has six hours to tend some simmering liquid??
I certainly hope the vegetable stock is the right one 'cause it's only supposed to take roughly an hour...keep your fingers crossed. Or, if you know the secret to Thai soup already, pleeeaaase share it!
No comments:
Post a Comment