Monday, January 11, 2010

I Love You, I Love You Not, I Can't Wait to Love You

Right now, and in the recent weeks, I've been lovin' many things:

Two new bottles of perfume (Ed Hardy and Sugar Lemon by Fresh) -- I walk around sniffing myself all day. Strangers look at me funny sometimes.

Home fragrances (Fresh Balsam and Frosted Cranberry candles and plug-ins available at Bath & Body Works during the holidays) -- the whole house smelled like Christmas trees and cranberries - obviously.

Cooking with the kids -- we make PW's meatballs and twice baked potatoes, stuffed jalapenos, rosemary rolls, and Marlboro Man's second favorite sandwich. I wonder if she ever makes any of my dishes for her family?

My new headlamp -- I needed some directional light to help see better at night (that happens when you get old, eh?) so I could work on those darned Christmas stockings I'm supposed to finish this year. I seriously recommend this to anyone who does any sewing, stitching or knitting, etc., with their hands -- you might look like a fly but who cares. Just don't look up at anyone when they call your name -- you'll blind them.

Edible cookie dough -- I think I'll make some more today...the bowl I made yesterday is gone. I'm supposing I can substitute this stuff for the crushed Oreos in a homemade Blizzard recipe we've used for years.

My newest cookbook -- Perfect Recipes for Having People Over by Pam Anderson. I won it. It is as pleasurable to read as it is to cook from. I guess all I need now is to have people over.

All that's well and good and all, but one thing I haven't been lovin' too much is that vegetable stock I made. Ugh! Not so tasty. I'll keep looking.

I guess I'll be okay though, because I am waitin' to love a great deal I found for myself over the holidays. I love magazines. Amazon had this really good deal (like $5 for an entire year's subscription) on some I would like to read regularly, but not for the full rate. So, in a few weeks, my subscriptions to Real Simple, Food & Wine and Travel & Leisure should start hitting the mailbox.

Ain't love grand?

No comments: