Saturday, December 19, 2009

12 Days of Cookies - Day 7

When I was younger -- much younger -- my friend, Melissa (who by the way claimed she was part of the witness protection program), and I would ummm... stalk is such a strong word...let's use the phrase scope out...young men. You know, we'd sit up the street from their house in hopes they would come out the the mailbox or get something from their vehicle or mow the lawn or something. (I should probably be in therapy for this, eh?) I have absolutely no recollection of who we did that to or how often we did it. But I do remember that we always took a package of chocolate chip cookie dough and two spoons and ate that dough in its uncooked state. I think there are label warnings about that now. But, oh my, that was the best stuff right?

So, this being one of the busy days in our holiday season that limits my time to be in the kitchen baking, I thought I'd share a recipe for cookie dough that you can eat raw - it has no eggs. It's still technically a cookie recipe, right, and should qualify for our 12 Days of Cookies? Just a batch you don't have to bake, but one I'm sure you'll whip up again and again.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
2 tbsp. milk
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add flour and salt and mix until combined. Stir in milk and fold in chocolate chips.

Grab a spoon and enjoy.

1 comment:

Tella said...

You know, there are still certain things that a mother would rather NOT know about her children's past - this could very well make it to that category!!!!!! As Paw Paw says, you jest ain't right!!!!
Love anyway and always,
Mom