Sunday, December 13, 2009

12 Days of Cookies

Each day for twelve days we will be baking up a batch of cookies as part of our 12 Days of Cookies tradition at our house (can you call it a tradition yet if this is the first year you've done it?). Some are basic, some are not. But they all require that we spend time together, and that's what's important, eh? (Can I use two contractions back to back like that?)

Tonight's cookie of choice is pretty basic -- Classic Sugar Cookies. Something easy since I have been out of town all week and needed to use what I had in the pantry. Which, I might add, is why the cookies don't tast exactly like the ones you get at the mall cookie store. The recipe called for lemon zest and since I didn't have a lemon on hand, I just left it out. I mean, who tastes lemon when they eat a sugar cookie, right? Well, next time I will go get a lemon because I think it is the factor that is missing from the overall taste of the cookies we baked.

Not real sure that by including the recipe here you'll be enlightened very much since all sugar cookies are made basically the same. But use the lemon if your recipe calls for it and add it if it doesn't.

Tomorrow's cookie recipe was shared with me by a good friend many years ago. Don't miss it.

No comments: