Thursday, December 17, 2009

12 Days of Cookies - Day 5

I've learned a few things in this holiday cookie-fest thing we're doing:

1) I need a new oven. I don't think the temperature gauge on mine works (is there such a thing?).

2) I need a food processor. It is entirely too difficult to pulse butter, flour and suger together in the blender. Not so good.

3) I need to find something to do with all these cookies.

Today, the food processor would have come in handy for our 12 Days of Cookies pick of the day -- Earl Gray Tea Cookies. I wasn't so sure about eating tea leaves -- checked it out and it seems to be okay. So we plowed forward, working through the difficulties of not having a food processor, and made some of the nicest cookies I ever eaten. The texture was just right, and the hint of Earl Gray tea lent a pleasant taste.

Two thumbs up from our house to yours.

No comments: