Tree number one sports a mink tree skirt and I admit, that's a bit hard to beat. But we found tree number two this weekend after a Christmas concert and we were able to get it decorated before I leave on business for the week. It's darling!
Those of you who know me well know I prefer all white lights on my trees. It's not that I think colored lights are ugly, I just prefer white. Several years ago I was overcome by the cuteness of these colored button lights, nice round bulbs and all, at my local Target. So I bought a couple of strands. Put one strand up and hated them. Loathed them. Complained for weeks about the three bucks per strand I had paid for them. But who returns Christmas lights, right? So I kept them stuck away at the bottom of one of the boxes of decorations.
This year, they have a home on a cute little tree in our living room. (The mink skirted tree lives in the breakfast room, standing regal and all with its coordinated ornaments.) Note: Little here is important, because we went from an 11 foot tree last year to a 5 foot tree this year. HUGE difference. But, little trees need love, too, right?
I decided that if we were going so radical on the size, we'd really stir the pot and use colored lights. And it works. I'm not totally in love with the lights just because they are so different from what I am used to. But they are kinda nice for a change and look right at home with all the Hallmark ornaments we've collected over the years. There are no other ornaments on the tree. Just colored lights and Hallmark ornaments (yes we have enough to fill the tree).
I wonder if the ornaments in the other eight boxes in the attic are lonely? (Yes, there are more...what can I say?)
1 comment:
HAHA! I bought some of those cute multi-colored round bulb lights too! I HATE them. I thought they would look good with the oversized multi-colored bulb lights but they look terrible to me. Chandler likes them, so I guess they will survive this season. Next year, they'll probably end up on a bulletin board at school!
Post a Comment