Saturday, January 2, 2010

Tebow Cam

In case you missed it, for the Sugar Bowl coverage, some genius had the bright idea to institute a Tebow Cam. I thought we were going to get to watch the game from a helmet mounted camera worn by Tim Tebow (some of you are wondering who he is and I am wondering where you have been for the last four years...but just for you, through yesterday he was quarterback at Florida). But instead, the Tebow Cam was a camera devoted to following every step Tebow made. Every move, every throw, every high five or chest bump, even every step he took when a commercial was on television. Genius I say!


But a clear indication of the market that was targeted was the commercial you had to watch to see the Tebow Cam in action. It was an advertisement for Olay Ribbons Body Wash. I guess they figured anyone who was actually watching the game for the game itself was watching it on television. I'm gonna have a hard time believing they were hoping to sell super moisturizing body wash to diehard male Gator fans.

And for the record, someone needs to tell Riley Cooper (Tebow's good buddy and roommate and teammate) to get a haircut. He looks like he is stuck in the 80s with that parted down the middle, feathered back do. Please, Tebow, walk away from Riley. Too much (hair)do for the Tebow Cam.

No comments: