Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brrrrzard

For as long as I can remember, we've been making a knock off of Dairy Queen's Blizzard. Mostly its been an Oreo Blizzard, but my obsession with the edible cookie dough recipe inspired me to give it a whirl. So, here's the recipe in case you get a hankering for something cool and creamy. Yep, I know it's the middle of winter, but go ahead...live a little. Wrap a scarf around your neck or something to knock the chill off.


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brrrrzard ( I made up my own name since I can't use DQ's)

1 half gallon container of vanilla ice cream
1 8 ounce Cool Whip
1 recipe of edible chocolate chip cookie dough

Allow ice cream and cool whip to soften, until they are in a stirable, combinable state. While you are waiting on this to happen, make the cookie dough. Roll it into small, bite size balls. Put the balls in a single layer on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer until balls are frozen (makes 'em easier to mix). When the ice cream and cool whip are soft, and the dough is hard, put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine well. Put back into the ice cream and/or cool whip containers and put in freezer to harden back up.

To serve, allow to soften slightly at room temp. Mmmmmm!

No comments: