I have decided not to make a new year's resolution for 2010. Why? Or, who really cares, right? Here's why: a resolution is a firm determination to do something. There is no definite action required to make such a resolution. Just do it. Or not. And the not is usually more likely to be the case. Oh, we all start off well enough. But by the time spring rolls around, we've long been off whatever wagon we climbed onto at the new year's beginning.
Let's set goals instead. I mean, a goal is the end toward which effort is directed. So why not set a goal and actually work toward it? 'Cause by choosing a goal, you know there has to be a concerted effort on your part to actually accomplish something.
I'm going to set the example and you jump onboard anytime you like. Just don't rock my boat and get me off track, 'kay? Here are my goals for 2010:
1) Finish Christmas stockings for Kevin and Madalyn. This is a big deal at our house, and I have put off finishing both for ten years...can you believe it? This will be the year. Those of you who like to give me heck about it, you just wait and see.
2) Learn to make Tyler Florence's Chicken Paillard. Who doesn't need a good paillard in their arsenal??
3) Go sky diving or Rocky Mountain climbing or bull riding on Fu Manchu. And sell you a sweet parcel of land on the Gulf Coast that is guaranteed to be hurricane proof. Come on, can't I stop at two goals? You can't imagine how hard I am going to have to work at those two.
Anyway, best wishes for a healthy and prosperous new year!
1 comment:
We are ALL holding you to #1 - and we WILL give you a lot of grief and WILL be checking our list - and checking it twice - to see how far along you are!!! The grief continues!!!
Mom
Post a Comment