Friday, March 19, 2010

Easter Dress

Does anyone other than me remember what a huge deal it was to go shopping for an Easter dress when you were younger? I can still remember that is was most often white ('cause Easter officially kicked off the white clothing season and all), had some sort of eyelet lace somewhere (we didn't have the whole monogrammed craze back then), and most definitley was accompanied by white shoes, white lacy socks and more often than not, a hat (which either had a wide ribbon or stretchy piece of elastic for under the chin that held the hat on your head).

See what I mean...

Now, you have to be careful that flesh of the wing-joint-waitress-sort isn't on display for all to see in the dresses available today. It's just terrible and at total odds with our Southern heritage. It's like pound cake without the butter, or a garden without azaleas, or worse yet, tea without sugar. It just shouldn't be.

For the record, if you happen to see my daughter on Easter, I plead the fifth. Really, it's easier than pleading my case.

2 comments:

Madalyn said...

Mom, wow.Thats all I got to say about that.

tellad said...

I think you look lovely! I was just proud you even had an easter dress that year!! love, your traditional mother