A dear, dear friend introduced me to these cookies almost 15 years ago. His grandmother used to make them. I remember that his practice was to get a recipe when he gave a recipe. I cannot imagine what recipe I shared with him. Anyway, this is our cookie of the day in the 12 Days of Cookies. Not sure where the name comes from, but we hope you enjoy!
And I hope you're still making these cookies, my friend, maybe even for your own family.
Monster Cookies
3 eggs
1/4 lb. melted butter
1/2 lb. brown sugar
1 cup white (granulated) sugar
1/2 Tbsp. corn syrup
3/4 lb. peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
1 Tsp. vanilla
Mix all above ingredients.
Gradually add the following and mix well:
4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup plus 1/8 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 lb M&Ms
1/4 lb peanuts, crushed or chopped
1/4 lb. chocolate chips
(M&Ms, peanuts and choc. chips can be substituted with raisins, butterscotch morsels, etc. -whatever combination you like)
Spoon dough on baking sheet. Mash/flatten cookies before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan.
1 comment:
mmmmm! Love me some Monster cookies!
Post a Comment