Wednesday, December 16, 2009

12 Days of Cookies - Day 4

Today's 12 Days of Cookies recipe was chosen because my mother-in-law has made these cookies for many years. And she is even nice enough to leave the nuts out so Madalyn will eat them (I'm not that nice). Potato Chip Cookies are not as weird as the name sounds. They actually have a really nice flavor -- just don't use Doritos or anything like that. Here's the recipe, although ours did not lose much of their ball shape while baking. I might suggest you flatten them slightly before baking, and don't crowd the oven.

Potato Chip Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar, plus more for coating
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup potato chips, crushed
1/2 cup pecans, chopped

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar on high speed. Lower to medium and add vanilla. Add flour and cinnamon to butter mxture. Beat on low until incorporated. Fold in chips and pecans.

Form into 1 1/2 inch balls. Dredge in remaining sugar. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets about two inches apart.

Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 13 minutes. Let cool on sheets for five minutes; transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 30 cookies.

1 comment:

tella said...

Mads, I would have left out nust on half the baking and put nuts in the other half for you - Shall I give your mom a spanking??? after all, I/m still HER mom!!!!
Grammy